Monday, January 15, 2007

Lots of Finished Things

I've been knitting lots of wee projects this last week or so and here's my progress:

Wave Rib Mitts from Simply Knitting Magazine Issue 24. I saw these in the magazine and wasn't sure if I liked them, then Mazzam posted a picture of her finished pair on the Angel Yarns Forum and they looked really good. I really liked the pattern, lots of dropping stitches and ripping back which I thoroughly enjoyed. However, I'm not sure if I like the 'no thumb' look! My hands don't usually get cold but when I wore these my thumb was freeeezing!

This lacy scarf is from Knit Today Magazine Issue 4. This is my first time knitting lace and it knitted so quickly. I knitted it in Rowan Kidsilk Haze. I've not blocked it yet but here's a closeup:

Finally, I had a skein of Hipknits silk which I really wanted to try working with but didn't know what to do with it. Then I saw a pattern for a mini clapotis which took less than 100g so thought I'd give it a go. I don't know if I've used the wrong needles or not followed it properly but its turned out to be a very mini clapotis! And it took only 60g of the yarn. I've not blocked it yet so it might grow a wee bit, but if not it's destined for my four year old. She'll be the most stylish in the nursery!




1 comment:

Fiona Reynolds said...

Blimey - you've been busy, What lovely work.

Fibigibi