Monday, February 12, 2007

This Week's Knitting

This has been a disrupted week. We are getting a new bathroom fitted so I decided to take DD away for the week down to Blackpool, which is where my husband works during the week at the moment. So I had some time to knit, but deliberately took wee projects with me.

First thing to be completed was pawkies for me. After the success of DD's pawkies I decided to do a pair for myself. They're on the big side though, but very cosy none the less. The pattern came from one of my Christmas presents 'Easy Knitted Accessories' by Jeanette Trotman and it was indeed a very easy pattern. I knitted them up in Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Chunky, a wee bit of luxury for my poor hands.

While away, I had a wee shopping spree. I visited Hobbycraft in Preston and was disappointed. I bought some acrylic cheap stuff, and also some Sublime DK. Then on to the Sheep Shop in St Annes which had a good selection of Sirdar, Debbie Bliss, Noro, Louisa Harding etc. I bought 2 balls of Sirdar Luxury Soft Cotton, the same of Louisa Harding Kashmir DK and some Bonus Flash for a jumper for DD.


I've also completed 2 hats for DD.

This one is made from the Sublime mentioned above. It's the first time I've knitted with this yarn and it is lovely. Very soft and has a silky sheen to it when knitted up. The pattern is a Sirdar Snuggly one (Number 1711). Sirdar have a really good range of patterns just now and even though most have babies or toddlers on the pictures, the sizing goes up to age 6 which is fantastic.




The second hat is from the same pattern but knitted up in my cheap pink acrylic. She loves the colour!
The only thing I have on the pins at the moment is the pink cardigan I started in the Hipknits sock wool. I've just to do the border but for some reason I am very reluctant to pick it up. I think it's because I'm worried it may be too wee for DD.

I'm itching to get stuck into a big project but most of the yarn I have is in small amounts (around 100g) and I feel I should use it up before buying lots of yarn to make a jumper.
So - lots of wee projects or one big one? Watch this space!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where do you find the time to keep on the housework and keep your hubby happy with all that knitting ?

Fizz14 said...

Ha Ha very funny dearest!